Antonio Viudez-Mora (SSAI)
Title: Senior Research Scientist
Technical Focus Area: Climate Science
Mission/Group: CERES/SARB Group
Study Topics: Surface energy budget, Cloud radiative effects, Aerosols radiative effects
I was born in Valencia in Spain. Since I was a child, I have always interested about everything related about clouds, metrology and climate. Therefore, I have focused all my education on subjects about physical science. I went to the School of Physics at the Universitat de Valencia (Spain) and I got my degree in physics and I complemented it with other postgraduate studies. After I finished my studies at the university, I worked at the Dinamyc Pollutions department at the Centro de Estudios Ambientales del Mediterraneo (CEAM) as a physicist, where I was evaluating and monitoring the tropospheric ozone for the regional government (Generalitat Valenciana). Later, I wanted to grow academically and I did my PhD in Physics at the University de Girona in Girona, Catalonia (Spain) thanks to a grant from the Science and Technology Ministry. While I was doing my PhD, I also had chance to visit and work at at Physikalisch-Meteorologisches Observatorium Davos/World Radiation Center (PMOD/WRC, Davos Switzerland) at the IRS (Infrared Radiometry Section). I also had chance to work and collaborate at SSEC-UW (Space Science and Engineering Center at Univerisity of Wisconsin, Madison USA). After I finished my PhD, I became a NASA Postdoctoral Program at the Climate Science Branch, Science Directorate at NASA Langley Research Center, where I had chance to assess and evaluate the cloud effects on the radiative budgets of two different CERES datasets (GEWEX-SRB CloudSat-CALIPSO-CERES-MODIS) . When I finished my fellowship, I became a SSAI contractor working at the CERES at the Surface and Atmospheric Radiation Budget (SARB) working group, where currently I am working on surface energy budget validation or helping to finish the reprocessing of TOA fluxes from ERBE.
American Meteorological Society
American Geophysical Union
- Phd in Environmental Physics. Universitat de Girona, Girona, Catalonia, Spain.
- M.S in Physics (Atmospheric Radiation and Clouds), Universitat de Girona, Girona, Catalonia, Spain
- Environmental Physicist at Fundacion Centro de Estudios Ambientales del Mediterraneo. CEAM. Paterna, Spain.
- Postgraduate Specialization in Industrial and Environmental Applications of Remote Measurements. Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, Spain.
- Degree in Physics (Atmospheric Physics and Dynamics) University de Valencia, Valencia, Spain.
- Running, gardening, reading and cooking
Need to get in touch with Antonio Viudez-Mora? Fill out the contact form below.