Denise Lineberry (Contractor)
Title: Science Directorate Communications Team Lead
Technical Focus Area: Science Communication
Study Topics: Science Communication, Visual Storytelling, Web-based Communication, Content Planning and Strategy, Narrative Non-fiction
I have worked in communication at NASA for 16 years. I spent 8 years as an editor/writer in NASA Langley’s central communications office (OSACB), and joined the Science Directorate in 2014. I have authored more than 500 features that have been published on NASA.gov. My writing includes everything from employee profiles to technical features about NASA missions, programs and technology. In my current role, I lead the planning and development of various science communication products and efforts, which help to share the big picture of what the Science Directorate does: Find answers to some of the greatest questions affecting our planet and its people.
- Received two Certificates of Excellence for winning solutions through the NASA@Work platform.
- Awarded winning solution for a “NASA Center Mobile Application” by NASA’s Chief Technologist.
- Awarded winning solution for “Communicating with NASA Employees About the Asteroid Grand Challenge” by NASA’s Deputy Administrator.
- Agency Honor Group Achievement Awards for contributions to the Earth Right Now Campaign Team, NAAMES, ACT-America and DISCOVER-AQ teams.
- MA, Professional Writing, minors: Technical Writing, Web Design & Development, Chatham University
- BA, Communication, minor: Journalism, Christopher Newport University
NASA Takes an Insured Look at Hailstorm Risk: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/langley/nasa-takes-an-insured-look-at-hailstorm-risk
Using Balloons to Track Pollution into the Stratosphere: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/langley/using-balloons-to-track-pollution-into-the-stratosphere
Tiny Sea Creatures Hold Secrets to Earth’s Climate: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/langley/tiny-sea-creatures-hold-secrets-to-earth-s-climate
- Science Directorate Homepage
- 2020 Science Directorate Annual Report
- Science Directorate Communications Resource Center (SDCRC)
Need to get in touch with Denise Lineberry? Fill out the contact form below.