Makhan Virdi (SSAI)
Title: DAAC Scientist
Technical Focus Areas: Atmospheric Composition, Atmospheric Science Data Center, Air Quality & Weather, Airborne Science, Mission Support
Study Topics: Air Quality, Tropospheric Composition, Data Management
Dr. Makhan Virdi is the DAAC Scientist for the ASDC DAAC at NASA Langley Research Center. Dr Virdi provides scientific direction and programmatic support to the DAAC. He is the liaison between NASA’s atmospheric science missions, scientific community and the DAAC. His research interests include numerical modeling, geospatial analysis, and UI/UX for tools and services for scientific analysis and visualization. His current work includes mission support for MAIA metadata planning, and data file merge tool for SOOT project to create the next generation of the airborne data toolsets.
- Doug D. Nebert National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) Champion of the Year Award (2016)
American Geophysical Union
European Geosciences Union
American Meteorological Society
Tau Beta Pi
- Education: Ph.D (2013) University of South Florida
- B.Tech. (2005)
- Indian Institute of Technology Experience: 2013 – 2018
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- World Meteorological Organization Meeting of the Expert Team on World Data Centers (Panel Expert)
Need to get in touch with Makhan Virdi? Fill out the contact form below.