Nischal Mishra (SSAI)
Title: Optical Engineer/Data Analyst
Technical Focus Area: Flight Projects
Mission/Project: TEMPO, SAGE IV IIP, CLARREO PATHFINDER
Study Topics: Electro optics sensor characterization, requirement verification, ground system algorithm development, radiometric calibration
Nischal has 11 years of experience with electro-optical remote sensing engineering with NASA and USGS which includes:
- Identifying and resolving a variety of optical/electro-optical issues using knowledge of radiometry, optical engineering, sensor design, performance analysis and optimization, calibration, and on-orbit performance assessment of multispectral and hyperspectral instruments to ensure baseline science requirements of NASA instruments are met.
- Radiometric characterization, calibration and validation of multispectral (Landsat) and hyperspectral imaging (TEMPO, CPF) sensors,
- Development of characterization methods, image-processing algorithms for modeling imaging artifacts,
- Cross Calibration (Inter-calibration) among various suite of sensors such as Landsat, MODIS, Sentinnel 2 etc,
- Proven record of accomplishment of journal paper and conference paper publications, technical documents such as handbooks and Algorithm Description Documents (ADD) and formal presentations in conferences and technical interchange meetings.
TEMPO, NASA Group Honor Award, 2020
NASA’s Robert H. Goddard Team Award given for contribution to Calibration/Validation of Landsat 8 satellite Systems launched in 2013
- M.S South Dakota State University, SD, USA, 2011
- B.S.E. E Kathmandu Engineering College, Nepal, 2005
- Professional SSAI Inc, NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA, March 2017 – Present
- SGT Inc, USGS EROS Data Center and South Dakota State University Sioux Falls, South Dakota, May 2009 – March 2017
Need to get in touch with Nischal Mishra? Fill out the contact form below.