Rosalba Giarratano (SSAI)
Title: Outreach Coordinator
Technical Focus Areas: Education & Public Outreach
Mission/Project: GLOBE Clouds, SciGirls
Study Topics: Citizen Science; Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility; Instructional Design; Educational Research
About:Rosalba is an Outreach Coordinator for GLOBE Clouds and NASA GLOBE CLOUD GAZE at NASA Langley Research Center with Science Systems and Applications, Inc. Prior to her current position, Rosalba participated in a MUREP Educator Institute at NASA Glenn Research Center. Then, she became a NASA intern at Kennedy Space Center and at Langley Research Center, and a Pathways Intern at Goddard Institute Space for Space Studies. Rosalba was born and raised in Mexico City, and she currently lives in Queens, NY, with her husband and her son.
- 2021 NASA Agency Honor Award – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Medal
- 2021 NASA Agency Honor Group Achievement Award – GLOBE
- 2021 NASA Robert H. Goddard Group Achievement Award – Climate Change Research Initiative
- 2017 NASA Kennedy Space Center – Public Engagement Directorate – Outstanding Contribution You Rock Award
- B.S. Electronics and Communications Engineering, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico City.
- M.S. Information Systems, Pace University, White Plains, NY.
- M.S. Childhood Education – Bilingual, New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury, NY.
- Ph.D. Candidate Education – Instructional Design & Technology, Liberty University.
- CPACC (Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies), International Association of Accessibility Professionals
- Certified Bilingual Education Teacher, New York State
- Lunar and Meteorite Disk Certification, NASA Glenn Research Center
- American Sign Language, Finnish Rock Music
Need to get in touch with Rosabla? Please fill out the contact form