Seung-Hee Ham (SSAI)
Technical Focus Area: Climate Science
Study Topics: 1D and 3D Radiative transfer using satellite-derived cloud properties, Merging cloud properties from space-born Lidar, radar and imager, Simplified radiative transfer
Seung-Hee obtained a PhD degree of satellite meteorology at Seoul National University in 2010. After finishing NASA’s Postdoctoral Program at NASA Langley Research Center in 2014, she became a contractor (SSAI) and began working with the CERES team. She enjoys exploring new research topics related to radiative transfer, cloud satellite measurements, and Earth radiation budget.
- Ham, S.-H., B.-J. Sohn, P. Yang, and B. A. Baum, 2009: Assessment of the quality of MODIS cloud products from radiance simulations. J. Appl. Meteor. Climatol., 48, 1591-1612.
- Ham, S.-H., B.-J. Sohn, S. Kato, M. Satoh, 2013: Vertical Structure of Ice Cloud Layers from CloudSat and CALIPSO Measurements and Comparison to NICAM Simulations, J. Geophys. Res., 118, 9930–9947, doi:10.1002/jgrd.50582.
- Ham, S.-H., S. Kato, H. W. Barker, F. G. Rose, and S. Sun-Mack, 2014: Effects of 3D Clouds on Atmospheric Transmission of Solar Radiation: Cloud Type Dependencies inferred from A-train Satellite Data, J. Geophys. Res., 119, DOI: 10.1002/2013JD020683
- Ham, S.-H., S. Kato, F. G. Rose, 2016: Correction of ocean hemispherical spectral reflectivity for longwave irradiance computations, J. Quant. Spec. Rad. Trans., 171, 57–65, doi: j.jqsrt.2015.12.003
- Ham, S.-H., S. Kato, F. G. Rose, 2017: Examining Impacts of Mass-Diameter (m-D) and Area-Diameter (A-D) Relationships of Ice Particles on Retrievals of Effective Radius and Ice Water Content from Radar and Lidar Measurements, J. Geophys. Res., 122, 3396–3420, doi: 10.1002/2016JD025672.
- Ham, S.-H., S. Kato, F. G. Rose, D. Winker, T. L’Ecuyer, G. G. Mace, D. Painemal, S. Sun-Mack, Y. Chen, and W. F. Miller, 2017: Cloud Occurrences and Cloud Radiative Effects (CREs) from CERES-CALIPSO-CloudSat-MODIS (CCCM) and CloudSat Radar-Lidar Products, J. Geophys. Res., 122, 8852–8884, doi: 10.1002/2017JD026725.
- Ham, S.-H., S. Kato, and F. G. Rose, 2019: Impacts of Partly Cloudy Pixels on Shortwave Broadband Irradiance Computations, J. Atmos. Ocea. Tech., 36(3), 369-386.
- Ham, S.-H., S. Kato, and F. G. Rose, 2020: Biases in Diurnally-Integrated Shortwave Irradiances Due to Two- and Four-Stream Approximations in Cloudy Atmosphere. J. Atmos. Sci. 77 (2): 551–581.
Need to get in touch with Seung-Hee Ham? Fill out the contact form below.