Wan Wu (SSAI)
Title: Senior Research Scientist
Technical Focus Areas: Climate Science, Chemistry & Dynamics
Study Topics: CLARREO Pathfinder inter-calibration algorithm development, Hyper-spectral remote sensing
Mission/Project: CLARREO Pathfinder
Dr. Wan Wu received his PhD of Physics from the University of Florida in 2007. After he joined Science Systems and Applications, Inc. in 2007, he has worked on various hyperspectral sounder projects including Geosynchronous Imaging Fourier Transform Spectrometer (GIFTS), In-Situ Net Flux within the Atmosphere of the Earth (INFLAME), Cross-track Infrared Sounder /Advanced Technology Microwave Sounder (CrIS/ATMS), Infrared Atmospheric Sounding interferometer (IASI), and NPOESS Aircraft Sounding Testbed-Interferometer (NAST-I). He has been the software developer for both the Principal Component based Radiative Transfer Model (PCRTM) and the PCRTM based physical retrieval algorithm. He has developed the synergistic physical retrieval algorithm that uses both PCRTM and the Community Radiative Transfer Model (CRTM) to retrieve geophysical properties from combined infrared and microwave measurements. He has also worked on defining the CLARREO instrument calibration requirement and the development of the angular correction algorithm for the CLARREO pathfinder inter-calibration team.
- Wu, W., Liu, X., Yang, Q., Zhou, D.K., and Larar, A.M., “Radiometrically Consistent Climate Fingerprinting Using CrIS and AIRS Hyperspectral Observations,” Remote Sens., 12, 1291, 2020, https://doi.org/10.3390/rs12081291
- Wu, W., Liu, X., Xiong, X., Li, Y., Yang, Q., Wu, A., Kizer, S., and Chao, C., “An accurate method for correcting spectral convolution errors in intercalibration of broadband and hyperspectral sensors,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 123, 9238– 9255, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1029/2018JD028585
- Aumann, H. H., Chen, X., Fishbein, E., Geer, A., Havemann, S., Huang, X., Liu, X., Liuzzi, G., DeSouza-Machado, S., Manning, E. M., Masiello, G., Matricardi, M., Moradi, I., Natraj, V., Serio, C., Strow, L., Vidot, J., Wilson, R. C., Wu, W., Yang, Q., Yung, Y. L., “Evaluation of radiative transfer models with clouds,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres,” 123, 6142-6157, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1029/2017JD028063
- W. Wu; X. Liu; D. K. Zhou; A. M. Larar; Q. Yang; S. H. Kizer; Q. Liu, “The Application of PCRTM Physical Retrieval Methodology for IASI Cloudy Scene Analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 55, 5042-5056, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2017.2702006
- Liu, X., W. Wu, B.A. Wielicki, Q. Yang, S.H. Kizer, X. Huang, X. Chen, S. Kato, Y.L. Shea, and M.G. Mlynczak, “Spectrally Dependent CLARREO Infrared Spectrometer Calibration Requirement for Climate Change Detection,” J. Climate, 30, 3979–3998, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-16-0704.1
- Yang, Q., Liu, X., Wu, W., Kizer, S., and Baize, R. R., “Fast and accurate hybrid stream PCRTM-SOLAR radiative transfer model for reflected solar spectrum simulation in the cloudy atmosphere,” Optics express, 24, A1514-A1527, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.24.0A1514
Need to get in touch with Wan Wu? Fill out the contact form below.